Health Sciences South Carolina (HSSC) electronic Institutional Review Board (eIRB) application for managing the Institutional Review Board (IRB) process for human subjects research that provides a single platform to unify and streamline the IRB operations of the seven participating institutions.
The HSSC eIRB is a web-based system for IRB submissions, review, and management. It is a paperless, electronic method to submit, track, and route all submission types through the approval process and provides a means to document information required for the review of human subjects research. This includes the initial application, amendments, reportable events and continuing renewal submissions.
Users must be affiliated with one of the HSSC institutions available from the drop down list presented on the HSSC Federated login page found at http://eirb.healthsciencessc.org
First time users of the system will be prompted to complete a registration page to be verified by the eIRB administrator at their respective institution which is required in order to activate their account.
Once access is authorized, new users will receive a confirmation email from their eIRB administrator.
Training and Education
After logging into the eIRB system, an “Education and Training” tab will be available and includes:
- Demonstration Videos: Recorded sessions for instruction in eIRB functions
- eIRB & CITI: Documenting Human Subject Research Training
- Study 'States' Guide
- Quick Reference Guides for Research Activities and Protocol Navigation
- IRB Review Requests resources for HSSC Cooperative Review, Central IRB and External IRB Studies
- SCResearch.org Posting Instructions